Pediatric physical therapy is for children from age zero to 18 years old. We see children for a variety of different reasons, including:
- Bone/muscle issues
- Sports-related injuries
- Genetic, brain, spine, or nerve disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Container Baby Syndrome
- Developmental Coordination Disorder
- Developmental Delay
Physical therapy helps children learn to successfully and independently perform gross motor skills and functional mobility skills. As a child begins to successfully develop these skills, it creates a greater form of independence that helps contribute to achieving a higher sense of self-esteem.
We are able to help children of all abilities participate and reach their unique potential. We, as physical therapists, are movement experts. We will help to improve the quality of life if your child through hands-on care, education and prescribed movement. We will work with children and their families to help:
- Promote a child's development.
- Improve strength and endurance.
- Enhance learning opportunities.
- Enable independence.
- Increase the ability to take part in physical activities at home, school, and in the community.
- Reduce and manage pain.
- Ease challenges with daily caregiving.